Here at Spektrix we’ve got a whole range of channels that we use for communicating, and this article takes a quick look at what those channels are and how you can find them.
This one you already know about, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this article. Our Support Centre is where we post articles on all sorts of things - here are a few examples:
- New releases - every time we put a new release out we write up some notes on the new features we’ve added, so you can have a look at what’s changed. You can find all of the release notes here.
- Roadmap updates - we like to keep you updated on longer-term changes to the system, so we periodically put out information on where we’re up to and what’s on its way.
- How-to articles - there are loads of articles available which explain how to use specific parts of the system, from the basics of how a feature works to more specific ways in which to use a certain function to achieve something in particular.
- FAQs - some questions come up a lot, so we’ve put together a range of FAQs to try and help answer these questions. There are a range of FAQs available on different topics, which you can find here.
You can also use the Support Centre in a few other ways:
- If you need a hand with anything on the system, or need a new seating plan creating, you can let us know by submitting a request either using the Submit a request option or by clicking on one of the Request buttons at the top of the screen.
- We also have a community forum called Suggest a Feature where you can make suggestions as to what else you’d like to see included in Spektrix in the future.
Spektrix Catchup Email
We send out regular email updates talking about what’s been going on in Spektrix land, and what’s coming up. Click here for an example. We’ll often include little hints and tips in these emails, links to recent blog posts, and our thoughts on what’s happening in the wider arts industry.
If you don’t already get these but would like to, just drop firstname.lastname@example.org an email and we’ll add you onto the mailing list.
New Releases Email
Any time we have a new major release, as well as making the release notes available we also send out an email letting you know that the upgrade is coming. We’ll always link to the release notes in these emails, and provide details of any downtime that might be needed in order to make the upgrade.
As long as you’re signed up to Support Centre, you will receive these emails.
We love social media - you can find us in most of the usual places, talking about what’s going on in the arts, exciting Spektrix-related news, and gin. Here are a few links you might want to check out:
There are a few hashtags on Twitter and Instagram that you might want to keep an eye on:
- #SpektrixArtsJobs - for sharing news about jobs at Spektrix venues.
- #SpektrixCommunity - for news about workshops and new Spektrix venues.
- #TrixoftheTrade - for sharing tips and quick wins.
We also keep an updated list on Twitter of all Spektrix venues, which you can find here. If you’re looking for some inspiration you could do worse than check some of your fellow venues out, and give them a follow!
We’re constantly writing new blog posts, on everything from fundraising ideas to great examples of print at home tickets, and there’s bound to be something there of interest.
- The Spektrix Blog - https://www.spektrix.com/blog/
We often ask our users to contribute guest posts to the blog, so if there’s anything you’re dying to write about that might be of interest to other Spektrix users, get in touch with the Support team and let us know!
Meet the team
We also have a shiny website with all sorts of information about us as a business, most of which you’re probably familiar with already. There are a couple of pages on there which you might like to check out though, like the About section, where you can see a little bit of information about everyone who works at Spektrix.
- Meet the Team page - https://www.spektrix.com/about/
There’s also the Careers page, which you can share with your friends and encourage them to join us in the Spektrix community!
- Careers page - https://www.spektrix.com/careers/
We work hard to make the system as reliable as possible but as with all software, problems can always occur. We want to be really open when things go wrong, letting you know what’s going on and why, so we have a Status Page where you can have a look at the status of the system at any point.
- Status Page - https://status.spektrix.com
The vast majority of the time, if you check out our Status Page you’ll see that everything is operational - just how we like it. If there is an issue however, we’ll make an update on there so you can see exactly what’s happening and what we’re doing about it.
We’d recommend you subscribe to alerts for individual components in the system so you’ll get an email or a text message if any part of the system you’re interested in starts to experience an issue.
Here's how to subscribe:
- Click the Subscribe to Updates button
- To receive email updates, fill in your email address and click Subscribe Via Email.
- To receive SMS updates, click on the phone symbol then select your dialling code, fill in your mobile number, and click Subscribe Via Text Message.
- You'll be asked to confirm your subscription before you start receiving notifications.
Once you've subscribed, you can choose whether to receive notifications on all parts of the system (or Components) or just certain parts.
For most users in venues, you’ll likely want to subscribe to the Spektrix System and your payment provider, a well as dotmailer and our Support Services if you wish.
We also use the Status Page to let you know about any periods of system maintenance that we’ve got planned. We sometimes have to take the system down for a short while, usually so that we can make upgrades to switch on new features we’ve been working on, and while we always do this at night so that we affect the system as little as possible, we still think it’s important that you know about it.
If you want to get in touch about anything that’s not covered here then feel free to give us a call. You can reach the Support team on +44 (0)20 7183 3586 for UK and Irish users or +1 (646) 569-9097 for North American users. We’re always happy to have a chat.